The game started on a blustery day at the camp and Satherley Stadium where the Blues welcomed an in-form Bournemouth Sports side, where a 1-1 draw decided proceedings earlier in the season.

The game started off as a cagey affair, but the away side got the first goal early on with a deflected clearance putting through kindly for Jack Voice to slot home.Ten minutes later, Sports added to their tally after good play down the right putting Sports 0-2 up.

A shocked blues was lucky not to concede a third had it not been for home stopper Sam Moggeridge, who made a fine low save to keep the islanders in the game.

The Blues huffed and puffed but had no real tempo to hurt this well organised Sports side in the opening 30 minutes, with Tom Butcher having the only real chance of note for the home Side, blazing one over the bar on the angle.

But suddenly, the Blues came to life with Josh Camp putting through on goal, but only managing to hit the post. The Blues John Pritchard also went close missing a one-on-one late on in the first half. But a clinical Sports, scoring two with their three shots on target, held on to keep it at 0-2 at the break.

Second half and the Blues came out a different side, playing with real tempo and purpose. They got a quick goal through Lance Wilson to make it 1-2 and then came the goal of the game, it started with good work by Josh Camp, combining with Hayden Scott and Lewis Howe and setting Riley Greenwood down the left, who beat the full back to pull the ball back to the on-rushing Wilson, who finished emphatically into the top corner making it 2-2.

But less than ten mins later, sports were awarded what looked initially like a soft penalty and that man Voicey made no mistake, dispatching the penalty low into the bottom corner to put sports 2-3 up.

Minutes later another penalty was awarded, this time to the Blues, and that man Josh Camp calmly finished to make it 3-3.

 The Blues were now all over the away side, and against the run pf play, the away side punished the Blues, whilst Centre Back Tyler Butcher lay down injured, they capitalised and went 4-3 up.

With ten minutes left to play, the Blues did not give up and after good build up play and a change of shape, Howe found Camp who found the top corner to make it 4-4.

With only added time left to play, the home side threw the kitchen sink at Sports, but could not find the winner and the match ended 4-4.

A clinical and organised Sports left with a point, but in truth, it was a game of two halves. The Blues will feel slightly aggrieved after their second half efforts but what an advert for the league.

A good game of football played in a good sportsman like manor by both sets of players and a draw was a fair reflection on the day.

Match Report by Stuart Beddingfield